Sunday, May 09, 2010

Me, myself as a student

It's me again... to invade my own blogsphere.. another sudden mood... so another random post... Here goes...

After next week, i could unofficially shed off my student identity card and start a whole new life... why "unofficially"?? the official date falls during the convocation, right?? the day i throw off my student id once and for all... well.. i have been a student for almost my whole life.. and i can't believe that there's one day i will have to say goodbye to it... Maybe because i'm used to ticking the box on the occupation category that states student... Now, i'll have to tick something else.. or maybe UNEMPLOYED!! if i don't manage to get a job secures after my finals... yikes!!

I started to put on school uniforms when i was 2... and that's when i start kindergarten.. in case you are wondering why did i start so early... i remember mentioning that my mom was the headmistress of a kindergarten when i was born till i was around 3 or 4 years old.. so i was basically born in a kindergarten.. when i was 2 my mom put me in my very own school uniform and "kicks" me off to class, where i start learning to read, write and count...
since i started at 2.. my kindergarten days was unusually looooong... there was a time when my cousin ask, why are you forever in the kindergarten stage?? What can i do?? i'm not at age yet to enter primary school.. so of course i'm in kindie... what a question to ask.. i should have answered that during that time... aish... As a kindie student, i was quite talkative.. often being punish for talking in class... hehe.. i was quite good at reading.. judging my process on the "Peter and Jane" series... i was usually ahead of others.. '.' v

after 4 years of kindergarten in 4 different kindergartens... hahaha... my record... i finally reach the age to step into primary school.. my first primary school was in Penang... where i spent 4 - 5 months there... then i moved back to Subang and went to Sungei Way.. it was a "transit" while waiting for Lick Hung to accept me... I was there for around 2 - 3 months.. i remember how i hate the prefects there... i dont know why.. they dont let you open your mouth or stand up for god's sake.. What The??!! At least those in Lick Hung were slightly better...
then i was transferred to Lick hung and settled there throughout my primary years... people always say the pressure in Lick hung is unbearable.. but it's really weird that i don't feel anything... The homeworks are ok, additional classes in the afternoon are kinda fun because our initial classroom is occupied by the afternoon session so we get to use the science lab or the "kemahiran hidup" lab... which is very different from typical classrooms... how boring could it be when you can look at saws, hammers and other tools or test tubes, thermometers and other apparatus in class... they are kinda interesting, if you ask me.. a shift from the text... hehehe...
I was quite a good student.. yes, i am... i did my homework although occationally forgetting some, but i always manage to finish it before handing in! I go to school by bus so it arrives super early that i'm usually the first to reach the class and on the lights when i was in the morning session.. so i have plenty of time to complete my "unfinish" business... even if i forgot to do my chinese caligraphy, i could easily find ink and brushes conveniently in one of my classmate's drawers... hehe... as long as i wash it and put it back... he's ok with it.. he's used to it anyway... he needs it too... then i'll have dictionaries in the drawer on another classmate which is a big help when it comes to those exercise that needs to description of words and stuff or even idioms.. that guy have all sorts of dictionaries under his table.. you name it, he got it.. huhu...
besides that, the best thing about our class is we have been in the same boat (class) for 6 years... so we are really united when it comes to conflicts.. we even help back each other up during punishments.. and some of us are still in contact... after 10 years.. (woah!! I'm old!!)
the bus rides are also the best moments, i always set my watch alarm to ring 5 minutes earlier than the school bell to remind me to pack up so that i can run to the bus and secure a seat when the bell rings.. as you know, boys and girls this age like to fight.. it's always a fight on who gets the most seats on the bus... but sometimes the boys will buy us, girls keropok lekor to enjoy during the ride home.. that's kinda nice of them.. but they still fight with you.. sigh~~ boys are already so complicated as such a young age...
anyway.. my primary school life are the happiest student days throughout my whole student life... Where is the pressure?? I did not really feel it.. so stop saying that Lick Hung is full of pressure.. It is not.. and, mind you... I've got 7As for my UPSR... so trust me.. no pressure...

Then, i moved on to secondary school just opposite where i stay.. it takes less than 5 minutes walk if there are no cars on the road separating my place and the school.. this a completely different life compared to my primary school, which i will do anything to get my primary school life back... it's not that i hate the school.. it's just.. i don't like it... don't know why... the people there are ok.. teachers are ok, some are very nice.. the students are fine, classmates get along quite well... i just don't know why.. maybe the lack of sense of belonging??
well... this is the time when i realised i have no interest in science an maths... although my marks have been quite high during primary school... i have suddenly lost interest in them when i reached form 1... weird.. i still don't know why... at least i was quite a decent student in school... i don't break rules.. unless you count bringing liquid paper to school... but do you know how many tubes of liquid paper i can buy with the price of one correction tape?? and how long can i use it?? do the math.. people can also "conteng" using correction tape la.. without liquid paper, there are still loads of things to use, like pens, for instance?? forbid us to bring pens then.. hahaha... obviously i would not be that stupid to waste my liquid paper to "conteng".. what's there to "conteng" anyway???
The best part, i could say during secondary school is the co curricular activities... i was quite an active member back then.. because the school is near so there is no transportation problems.. the same clob and society every year.. Taekwondo, chinese language society and ping pong... shows my loyalty huh?? Taekwondo is because I have been learning it since standard 1... so might as well continue... Chinese language society is because i really miss my primary school days... and ping pong.... erm.... this is just random... i'm not good in ping pong... er... i FAIL in ping pong.. why did i join in the first place?? i think its a random pick... since i'm not THAT into sports and badminton requires members to go to another place from to school to practise.. so i chose ping pong... and i till dont know why...
That sums up my secondary school life... nothing much about it... the most to talk about are my friends... but i guess you already know them.. they have been constantly appearing in my blog.. hui ping, sheh lee, rachel, cheryl, ain, ika, syahira, fathimah, cze theng, wei lin... etc etc... so i'll jump off to my next paragraph...

oh... then, it's my university life.. which is broken into 2 parts.. foundation and degree which is totally different... and i decide to continue them in my next post... so i could have more posts this month and also continue with my endless studies... huhu...


Signing off~~~

*stay tune for my next post... should not be long after judging on the consistent bugging of blogging moods... Toodles!

No comments: