Saturday, October 02, 2010

my life as a hoarder..

I said my post will be at a monthly basis so here I am now.. doing what I've said i'll do...

My current life is filled with work.. ever since my previous post which I have mention that i'm fitting into my new position.. now, my training is over and I'll be getting my very first product next Friday.. woohoo!! Malaysia Employer's Handbook.. a Top ten product man!! a newbie's first product is a top ten!! stress... hopefully I won't screw up..

I'm now helping my team mates with their product.. for one, i'm getting a hand of what to do.. and then, i have them to check for me after I'm done.. which is a very good thing because i'm not at all confident with what i am doing... hopefully I did not screw up a lot.. wooo.. so nervous about my first product.. I'll first have to be certain about what i have to do when i get a product.. hopefully the 101 briefing on monday will fill me with those details..

after the updates of my life.. let's start on the topic for this post.. i talked about self narcissism during the last post.. this time i'll like to talk about hoarders.. accumulating stuff for an unknown future use.. which also means for no particular reason.. accumulating for the sake of keeping... well.. some things may seem like rubbish to one but a treasure to another.. although i do belong to the category of a hoarder but i do have my arguments.. maybe they might sound the same as any other hoarders out there.. but still.. those are valid reasons..

you keep the plastic wrapper of your favourite toy.. rubbish?? how can it be?? you'll never know you might need to wrap the toy back again or maybe there's something else that needs wrapping and the size happens to fit!!

you keep your old textbooks.. not for the sake of revising (there might be times that you MIGHT, i said might need to revise your moral textbook), i have other reasons for those.. i'm keeping them around for the sake of the pictures inside.. as moral textbooks will always have pictures.. those are for future picture assignments.. since i'm not good in drawing.. i could cut and paste those picture that matches my need of the assignment.. isnt that a good reason??

i keep my old worn out clothes around because i might need them for the cloth and stuff.. as there are a lot of D.I.Y articles everywhere.. these old clothes may come in handy when you need cloths or buttons and other accessories on the clothing.. It's useful to have it around just in case...

as for my old toys.. for the sake of remembrance.. a sign of my childhood.. i love them a lot.. as each and every one of them have a different story within it... that's priceless, you know...

since i like to accumulate things.. and therefore i have a lot of things.. sigh~~ but i just couldnt bear seeing them end up in the trash.. or anywhere else out of my sight... all of them mean something to me... even a piece of paper have its value..

i have been trying to get rid of this habit.. i persuaded myself that old magazines will not have any use in the future.. and sold them all to the old newspaper man.. after a period of reluctance, that is.. i am still trying.. i can still keep stuff around, i guess.. i just have to organise them..

well, that's me as a hoarder.. i admit that i am one.. i dont need you telling me how serious is my condition and need to start throwing stuff away.. i'm completely aware of that.. but i still can't throw it off.. not yet...



signing off~~

1 comment:

Karen said...

at least u realized u're hoarder XD like my mum always like to keep those paper cuttings,cut ady thn didnt put properly and always scattered ard my house. i dont know what's her intention for doing this.it's alot lo...== i wonder she will read one by one in somedays onot. making d hse so messy.sigh...thn on the other hand she said us never keep things nicely ==

i can see most of d things inside storeroom is hers.actually that one is like a small room but it ady occupied by all her stuffs so now it becomes storeroom ><