Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Macau-Hong Kong Birthday Trip Day 1


I finally have the mood to blog about my HK-Macau Trip.. which was approximately 6 months ago.. before I start forgetting, which I already have, I better start writing...

It started out early morning... My dad dropped us at 7 in the morning.. whilst our flight was at 12pm.. we hung around in LCCT.. had breakfast.. and it was not that hard to pass time.. just before we knew it, it was time for boarding~~ Weeee!!!

Our flight was supposingly smooth until they were nearing the Macau International airport, this is the typical so near yet so far.. I saw the airport through my window and thinking that we were just minutes away from landing.. but... the next time i look out of the window, it was white... Okaaay, either the Macau International airport is white and fluffy or WE ARE STILL NOT LANDING!!! and my second guess was right, I should not have second guesses.. The pilot announced that the weather was quite bad and they could not land.. so they will have to make a detour to Hong Kong and then turn back when the weather permits...

WHAT THE HECK are you talking about??!! I have made an appointment with oolongtea and friends that I will meet them somewhere near my hotel in HK at 7pm.. I was supposed to be landing at 4 something and hopefully reach HK by 6pm.. however.... due to unforeseen circumstances, I am not going to be landing on time!! without any communication device, how am I suppose to let people know that I will be late??!!

On a wild chance, could I just get off at HK since we are going there anyway.. and that, we could also save on the taxi fare to the ferry jetty and the ferry fare as well... Heeee....

Fat chance~~~

But anyway, i guess a bit of birthday luck helped, somehow... i heard the pilot's voice again... and he said we will be turning back to Macau and will be LANDING on Macau!!!! YAY!!! okay, we are an hour behind schedule.. but at least we landed on Macau instead of being stranded in HK on the airplane... That's is a relief..

We got off the plane... went through all the necessary procedures and off to hire a cab to the jetty... and at the jetty.. we were actually minutes before the 6pm ferry.. it was 5.50 or something and they would not let us on.. oh well, no point pushing, so we took the 6.30 ferry... and waited patiently at the waiting room...


That's the sign welcoming me on board..





 We even get to watch TV, but I was seasick (i have no idea why) to enjoy TVB shows...




And that's Sands, Macau... I will be back soon~~ but now, HK comes first...

And then, we reached HK an hour later, at 7.30pm... hired another cab to get to the hotel near the Jordan station, which luckily I have researched it through google map and was somewhat familiar with the surroundings.. so lucky we found our hotel within minutes... ^.^v


I tried to call oolongtea at the hotel and luckily i got through... she told me that they were waiting at a restaurant in tsim sha tsui and gave me directions... so after dumping my luggage, we head straight out to tsim sha tsui...

I know i said i got directions... which i conveniently forgotten half of it... so I was peering around until i thought this will not work so i head back to the station to get a sim card and wanted to call again.. after getting the simcard, i head back into the building and coincidently bumped into oolongtea on the way!!! talking about fate!!! and we finally get to have our dinner... thanks to oolongtea~~ It was her treat!!!


From left, panpan, qingqing and oolongtea~~ All from SWFC...





 After dinner, they brought us to another shop for dessert... which was when I learned that these HK-ies actually enjoys durian!!! qingqing looked at the menu and asked if I eat durian.. I was stunned for a moment because I never expect people from other country fancied durians.. then oolongtea said that my kampung was the land of durians.. i wont wanna come over to HK for durians~~ well, she was right.. hehehe... the durians here are waaaaay better and having an aunty who used to own a durian plantation, I always had the best.. *beams*


This was HP's ginger tong yuen~~ mine is at the top right, honeydew sago~~ I didnt bother to photograph it.. so that's the most of it... =P

 
 

 

 Apparently the shop was recently opened and they had a promotion, we get discounts!!

 After that, we parted because the others have work to do the next morning... so we strolled TST and then off to Temple street... They were closing so HP have quite a good deal for a bag.. so much for our first day..



 


 Then, we finally get to lay flat....






 Stay tune~~
till god knows when I have the mood again to continue..
till then...
Toodles!!

No comments: