Sunday, January 16, 2011

On the way with my resolution 2011.. Yay!

Here I am again... for a random update... Speaking about New year resolutions.. I kept mine moving.. earlier than i have planned.. but it's a good thing.. i guess.. I have registered with my former Korean teacher from when I was attending classes in UTAR.. I'm planning to start either around March or April.. After I'm settled with my finances first... Since I have started working, which will also mean that I'm paying my own fees.. and obviously, the fee for learning a language is not cheap.. especially when you lose your student identity... everything is always more expensive for the working people.. I wonder why???

With the cost of everything increasing since the start of the year... new year, new price as they say.. the only thing that keeps to its stable horizontal line is the amount I'm earning... Coz I'm still new.. I'm not entitle for an increment... yet... tough~~

I have already booked a place with my former and soon-to-be Korean seon seng nim... without doing any research on other language centres offering the service that I am currently looking for.. well, there might be cheaper place which I will regret not finding it first.. or places that does not require me to travel too much and it may also be cheaper which i might be banging my head against the wall five times behind everybody's back after knowing about that.... but... just something to comfort myself for the above situations so that I wont suffer from severe internal bleeding is that since this teacher has taught me before.. she'll know my level and my learning habits so i would be able to pick it back up faster than those who treat me as a new student and unaware of my basics and how much I've learnt previously.. they might be teaching me repititive stuff and might waste my time and money.. so, with somebody who knows where I stopped, I'll be learning something new everytime...
Hopefully those are enough to comfort me if i accidentally found somewhere else that offers the same thing with a cheaper price and a nearer place... i's better go wrap my walls with sponge first.. hehe...

besides that.. i'm now considering about taking the official korean language exam.. TOPIK.. exams are so not me.. I hate exams.. i always stick to the theory where when exams exists.. the student will never be truely passionate about what he or she is learning.. their sole focus will be to ace the exams and not really on mastering the knowledge of the subject itself.. at least that's something i've gone through.. in the end, it's all about exams and i might end up forgetting more than half of it after i step out of the exam hall.. kinda wasted, ain't it?? however, people have been telling me that if i don't take the exam, i'll never be recognised as somebody who knows the language as i have nothing to prove.. no certs or result slips to show how good am i in the language... well.. that carries a point too... cause if i'm really interested in languages and writing, wanting to pursue a career with both of those in my pocket, i should be getting recognition.. getting my writing complete is something that i have said for like a gazillion times and till now i still can't manage to complete them... and besides that, i should be going for exams and get myself some certs to prove that i know the language..

so now, i have started stepping out to get recognitions for Korean.. i think i should be doing something with my japanese as well.. i have my textbooks around.. but i dont really have a tutor to guide.. yeah.. i still have my former japanese tutor's number but i doubt he still remember me.. and i don't think he gives private lessons or something like that.. i do have the materials i think i need.. i have the books.. all i'm left is some coaching.. but that can wait.. until i got my cert for korean first.. one at a time...

before i start attending classes.. it's time to refresh and give my memory a jolt... i have forgot more than half of my vocabulary and grammar.. and work on my listening if i'm serious about taking exams.. i really have bad hearing.. and listening tests is my nightmare.. base on my past listening test experience for japanese.. i think you can find something about it in one of my posts during 2007.. i think.. if you're interested.. i dread listening tests...

okay.. enough blabbing.. it's actually 1am.. and i should be in my bed dreaming about the good-looking korean artiste... male ones.. of course.. hehe.. i always thought choi siwon is kinda cute.. hehehe...



expecting a photo???
sorry to disappoint you..
i'm too lazy to run a google search..
and no.. i don't have his photos stored in my "my pictures" folder..
also... i'm lazy to upload.. or more accurately.. i'm lazy to wait for it to upload although i don't mind blabbing about my laziness...


signing off~~

Toodles!!

1 comment:

Kee Kee 琦琦 said...

ahaha...i like this line of yours so much "new year, new price as they say.. the only thing that keeps to its stable horizontal line is the amount I'm earning"...terrible isn't it, if the bosses ever consider how their employees cope with living in a city, it'll be so good...anyway increment, it should not so much be an excuse that you're new, but if you think you've performed, you're entitled to ask for something ;PP you know, else if we keep quiet they think we are satisfy and happy with what they're giving us...