Friday, August 03, 2012

The Singapore rush~ Part 1

A sudden plan of mine, to be in the Lion City for a night.. Took the First Coach instead of AirAsia because it is cheaper, unless you are lucky enough to grab the zero fare tickets which are very very rare now... so, booked the earliest trip to Singapore and the latest one back.. for RM115~~ This is the promotional price that does not exist anymore.. I bought it a week before they cancelled the weekday promotion price and standardise the fare for all days.. hehehe.. Lucky me.. the current flat rate is RM128~~

So, took off at 7.45am.. and arrived at The Plaza, Singapore at 1.30pm.. skipping the journey since nothing much happened besides me dozing off and wakes up occasionally to watch silent Kung Fu Panda, a Caucasian beside me was watching and he had earphones, so I could only watch the moving animation..

Wasting no time, we exited The Plaza and head to the Park Royal Hotel planning to use their washroom.. The washrooms of 5 star hotels ought to be more comfortable than those in rest-stops, i reckon... as we were searching for the washroom a bellboy came forward and ask if there's anything he could help.. I couldn't tell him that I was looking for a toilet so I just asked him how do I get to Ophir road.. which was my destination anyway.. The boy then led me to a man outside the hotel and he directed me to Ophir road which was actually very near.. but... I still want to go to the washroom!! Why did you lead me out?? Now I feel awkward getting back in and the man is looking at me making sure that I follow the way he directed.. Haiya~~~

So decided not to go to the washroom, we walked to Ophir Road and then turn left into Victoria street where we reach Bugis station.. Bought the 2 day pass for 16SGD and set off to Lavender where our hostel is situated.. I think it started raining once we reached Lavender.. so we decided to have our lunch first.. I had fried meehoon with a piece of chicken wing for 2.80SGD.. after lunch, the rain has stopped so we walked off to our hostel, ideal backpackers at Tywhitt Rd.. it was RM83 for 2 per night, including all whatever charges and fees required when you use you credit card online~~ so it came down to rm41.50 per person, we had a bunk bed and TV.. typical backpackers.. we dropped our stuff and head off back to Bugis for our first round of shopping~~ Chingu bought a lot!! She was so thrilled and excited seeing Korean fashion stuff in Bugis.. As I was on a budget and saving for something the next day.. I decided to keep my purse close for this session... then Chingu's brother came and join us around Bugis.. 

After Bugis, we head off to Clarke Quay to meet another Chingu.. a Korean Chingu at her hostel.. she touched down at 4.30pm and we made an appointment to meet her at her hostel, Rucksack at 5.30pm.. Took off at Clarke Quay and walked off to Rucksack.. We actually got lost as I forgot to jot down the address but a very helpful someone from Dynasty Travel... i'm not sure what you call the person who introduce travel packages and make bookings, are they promoters?? not really~ anyway, he was super helpful, he helped me search online and directed me there!!! so we got there and coincidentally saw Korean chingu checking in.. we waited for her to settle down and off we go to China Town!!

Finally~~ Photos!!!


We walked around China Town and stopped for dinner...

We had seafood.. Grilled swordfish with sambal, fried lala, prawn omelet, veggie and fried baby squid~~ Chingu's brother's treat!! Gamsahamnida!! No photos of the food.. as I don't have the habit of photographing food.. I listed down the food we had, so imagine them yourself~~ pictures of food will only make you hungry, and I am kind enough to not trigger your hunger in odd times to avoid you from gaining weight =D

Our next stop, Marina Bay~~ Chingu's brother said he only know the way to Marina Bay from the City Hall station.. so instead of the Marina Bay station, we alighted at City Hall.. since we don't know how to go there from whichever station anyway so we followed and walked a well deal until we reached Marina...

Behold~~ Photos!! I took the most photos here~~


 That's me with Chingu and Korean Chingu~~





 That's the rehearsal of the upcoming Singapore National Day.. I think the lights were too bright that you can't really see how many people were there..







Marina Bay Hotel..





The Merlion~~ Korean Chingu said it's really cute..



We were actually in time for the fountain and light show from Marina Bay~~


I thought the lights looks nice shining up to the sky...









Back in the hostel.. We had a bunk.. There were 2 in the room, one was occupied by a girl who seem to have stayed there for quite some time.. This is the only time you'll see Panda and moomoo... as I did not take Panda out for photos.. Hence the lack of photos..

The girls bathroom in the hostel was big and clean.. not bad.. I bathed and head back to my room.. I couldn't on the TV coz chingu is already asleep in the upper bunk.. so i hung around in my lower bunk while waiting for my hair to dry.. Then, the room mate walked out and came back with cup noodles that smelt so good it made me hungry.. unable to stand the temptation, i walk out and check the vending machine for the price of the cup noodles, it was 1.30SGD.. not really in my budget and supper makes me fat anyway.. so I went back into the room took a few bites from the bun I bought for breakfast in Malaysia.. enjoyed the free wi-fi.. Luckily I borrowed bro's phone, so I could access the internet using the wi-fi.. Then, became sleepy, off the lights and slept.. I think my hair is still wet.. but all those walking really exhausts you..


Alrightey.. That's all for today..
stay tune for the next day~~

Signing off!
Toodles


No comments: