Saturday, December 08, 2012

BBW


Hey there....  it's 1pm and I just woke up.. It's the Big Bad Wolf season of the year.. For those who are not aware, it's a book sales with 3 million titles selling at 75%-95% discount.. So calling out to all book lovers with a certain level of patience.. why?? because the waiting could kill..

This sale is held every year and this year, it's at MIECC.. and it'll be on till 23rd December.. So, do drop by if you're interested.. I haven't been to any of the previous sales because I'm a part time book lover now.. I used to love reading but I guess this happens to many, after the internet came barging into our lives, books seem to not play such an important role as it used to be... but i still do read... like my harry potter series for a gazillion times (If you follow all my blogs you'll know why) just maybe not as often as the old times...

So....

The sole reason why I decided to go this year is because of this..



 The Grand opening will be on for 63 hours non stop.. So I thought if i were to go at odd hours, i might be able to avoid the major crowds... So I decided to go at 2am and started asking if there were anybody who would be my partner in crime for this midnight-book-hunt... However, it's either I don't have many friends who love reading or my friends are all early-dozers... Okay then, to be fair, there were a few who were interested but they weren't keen on the time.. So I changed my initial time to 11pm and... my cousin replied but she was not interested in english books so in the end, my partner in crime is......



Jackwaddles.. because I couldn't find anyone on Facebook to go with me... hahahaha...

Ok, I was kidding... I dragged my brother and mami along.. with the help of my GPS we headed over to Mines at 11.20pm and reached at 12.35am~~ the jam outside the exhibition hall towards the parking was terrible.. even during this hour... and I thought there was quite a few reports saying that Malaysians don't read... Those who wrote the reports have certainly not been to a Big Bad Wolf sale... it may appear as the shock of your life~

Anyway.. at least there weren't a queue outside the hall.. I was actually looking for "Mini Shopaholic" and "Twenties Girl" by Sophie Kinsella, "America's Next Model -- Strike a Pose" by Taryn Bell... but there's weren't any to be found.. and in the end i still spent rm150 on other titles that were not in my list..




 These were my mami's choices... the 2 dictionaries below are meant to be for the family.. erm.. maybe not the one on the left, that investment, finance thingy was for my sista.. not sure if she even needs it but it's finance stuff.. i guess it should be useful... oh well, it was rm10~~~



 Well, Old Trafford.. these were my bro's...

 And here comes mine...


I pick titles that interests me.. and the gossip girl on the top left was the only title that was on my list.. and there was only one... I could actually bring the whole series back home.. There were The Vampire Diaries too but I google-d and found out that it was different from the series and after reading the synopsis, i prefer the series more so i didnt spend much time hunting for it coz i only saw 1 book here and there not the whole heap.. oh well...



Titles from Candace Bushnell... the author of Sex and the City.. yes, i always fall for movie titles... and they were hard covers and it's pretty... the aunty in me says that hard cover for rm8 is really a must grab..
Oh oh oh... The Incredibles comic.. I bought it because of Jack Jack..

Remember I mentioned that you need to have a certain level of patience to endure... because...
 
The queue to pay was 2 hours long!!!! and people actually bought boxes and boxes of books.. boxes and boxes of books on a trolley or in a trolley bag (the ones you bring for holidays).. so i really doubt those reports saying Malaysians don't read enough.. please explain this~~ all these people who bought boxes and trolleys of book can't be buying them for decoration purposes, right?? and I thought people will not sacrifice their sleep for books.. it turns out that I was wrong!!! Malaysians are passionate about books...

That's all I have to say, folks...
Signing off~~
Toodles!

No comments: