Friday, June 07, 2013

[E]xtra books???



As I have mentioned last month, my company has been temporarily moved to PJ... and next week will be our last week here.. NOOOOOOO!!!! After being here for 2 months.. I kinda enjoyed it here... It's much more closer to home and there are no tolls in between... my only woe about being in PJ is the limited parking but since parking is provided.. I would not mind staying...

Anyway... moving woes aside.. There was an MPH warehouse book sale at the MPH warehouse which is less than 3 minutes walk from my company~~~



And of course, I love book sales.... Not sure if I love reading THAT much but I just LOVE book sales... and there is no way I am going to miss this one.. when it is just so close to where i work... but my plan was to go there on the second day.. for no apparent reason... I just thought that i should go during the next day.. But.....



This changed everything!!!



In case you can't see... Those are Gossip Girl on sale.. a whole lot of them... That photo was sent to me via Whatsapp in order to tempt me to go to the book sale... and... Oh well, that worked!!!

I took off and went to have a look... grabbed a few titles from the Gossip Girl series.. but it wasn't complete.. so went there a few more times to collect all the titles from the series... It took me quite a while to search... since there were a few boxes like the ones above with the books and not all the books were in the boxes... some of them were randomly arranged on the shelves.. I had to scan through the dozens of shelves and thousands(I guess there were that many) of books searching for the one or two title that I was missing...

And, I finally managed to locate all the titles from the boxes and shelves..




Am really proud of myself... I managed to locate the needle in the haystack!!! I guess being a production editor does help me spot things faster.. yeay!!


Oh well, if I say that I just bought the Gossip Girl series from the warehouse sale and nothing else.. I doubt anyone will believe me... and yes, I did buy a few more titles.. they were all rm5 each.. How could you resist???


I am just such a fan of chic-lits... especially those that were made into series or movies... swept The Princess Diaries off the shelves.. I love Meg Cabot too but I need to control my budget after getting the whole set of Gossip Girl.. There were a lot more titles there but I tried my very best to keep my hands off them.. so it's just these three...



The Carlyles are a spin-off from the Gossip Girl series.. and I actually bought one by accident when I was picking up the Gossip Girl titles... After realising this, I decided to just get the whole set... since they were all available there..




And more random titles... I think I enjoy buying books more than I enjoy reading them...


The one at the bottom is Narnia, fyi...


That's all folks
Signing off~~
Toodles!!


No comments: