Sunday, December 30, 2012

The end of the end

They say 2012 marks the end of the world, by right it actually just means the end of the Mayan calendar which functions like our calendars, they end at 31st December and starts a new one on 1st of January.. it so happens that the Mayan Calendar ends at 20... or 21 (I forgot the actual day but it's not important) of December 2012... anyway, we are all still alive and the world is still whole... so embrace yourselves..

Looking back at 2012.. I did quite a lot... maybe some part in me did believe the end-of-the-world thingy... so I tried to lessen the use of "next time" and made things happen... and I fulfilled my 2012 New Year resolutions!

Firstly... I celebrated my birthday overseas!! in 2 countries to be exact.. I celebrated the first half in Hong Kong and the rest of the day in Macau with close friends that made great company...
I get to meet Oolongtea, Panpan and Qingqing from SWFC... Really glad to actually have friends everywhere, something I realised this year.. Every country I visited, I have a friend to meet up with... 




The weather there was most welcoming, it wasn't too cold, really comfortable... It was not the peak season for traveling so the queue in Disney Land was also bearable... Another dream-come-true experience!!



I also went to Macau, a beautiful place with lots to see but I didn't spend much time there...


I had to use photos that has appeared in my blog before because my Picasa web album is reaching its limit.. Sigh, just when I have photos to share...

Besides Hong Kong and Macau, I also went to a place that I have not plan to go yet... Korea!!!
Met up with an old friend..






And met a few new friends... that really made my life colourful...





A trip that I spontaneously decided to join and even regretted last minute because I was traveling somewhat alone as I didn't really know anybody in the group... I regretted for regretting after I reach the classroom... This was a chance of a lifetime to attend a Korean University, although it was just for 2 weeks but the experience was enough for somebody like me who did not have the chance to enjoy campus life.. for your information, my university was a factory... So stepping in a huge campus like Kyung Hee was really overwhelming...



After that, I decided to go on a spontaneously planned trip again... this time it's a nearby country... Singapore~~ to meet a friend that I have just knew from Korea..

Other than that, I managed to go to the Harry Potter exhibition... another hard-to-come-by opportunity since it was held in Singapore for around 3 months and i coincidentally plan to go there during that period~




Then, another 2 friends from Korea came to visit and we brought them around...
This was taken in Malacca...



And, I did blogged about my Singapore trip and my Macau-HK trip posts are on its way, so i did fulfill my resolution...

 Secondly, I passed Topik!!!!!
 
오늘은 한국어 능력 시험을 했어요.






I finally had the guts to go register and sit for the exam... Good thing i passed!! the marks were quite good too.. I mentioned it before not going to mention again in case people start getting irritated by my bragging of my Topik results...

Seeing that I have achieved all my resolutions and got more than what I have expected.. I planned to travel once a year and it turned out that I have been to 4 countries this year... Thinking about this really lights up my mood... At least I did stuff that were fulfilling... and my 2012 was one of my most happening year among the years in my life..

I have not thought of anything for next year's resolution yet... I shall leave that for another post..

Till then, I shall sign off~
Toodles!

No comments: