Thursday, November 08, 2012

Thought of the day

Hi there... I guess I could do with a slight break in between my Macau-HK Birthday trip post, I'll take ages to post the whole thing up completely anyway.. So, I guess the people who have been reading my blog (if there are any), will know that I take almost the whole year just to finish my 2010 Taiwan travel post.. Bear in mind that I went there during 2010 and I finished posting all the posts late last year.. That is my speed, so sorry for the wait but I hope you're getting used to it though...

I was talking to a friend about blogs and readers.. which occurred to me that, people nowadays don't blog that much anymore.. they would much prefer the 140 characters limitation of Twitter and of course, Facebook statuses... I too wouldn't mind the 140 characters limitation, i could always post another tweet to continue =P
I remember  the time when  blogging was like the ultimate in-thing for youngsters.. everybody has a blog and had it decorated and personalised to show the personality of the blogger.. their blogs will be frequently updated with the latest happenings in their life, some will be filled with photos.. thanks to the digital era.. we would not need to scan our developed photographs, instead just pop in the memory card and just insert them in, if you're hardworking enough, you can even photoshop them!!

Then Facebook emerged.. people would rather post statuses and photos there because you could get everybody's status in just one window instead of opening multiple windows with different blog sites.. Statuses are much shorter and straight forward to digest comparing to the long winded, word-loaded blog posts.. so that was why people shift to Facebook instead.. then here come Twitter . the microblog site with a limit of 140 characters per tweet.. so instead of being bombarded by other things such as music links, shared content on Facebook , Twitter seems more personal since it is like a blog with a limit of 140 characters... Slowly, people start to abandon their blogs, leaving them unattended in cyberspace...
Who would have remembered the times when bloggers crack their heads to post interesting blog posts to attract more readers.. inserting videos and photos just to make the whole post a more interesting piece to be read.. and try to post as frequent as a few posts a day just to avoid their readers from being bored-off (is there such a word?) seeing the same post every time they view the blog and end up not coming back..

I hardly go places, places as in social media websites promoting my blog, so I guess it serves me right for not having many readers.. at a point, I am confused with myself.. a part of me would like my blog to be read; but another part of me would prefer it to be read either by close friends or complete strangers.. Well, i know I am weird.. =.="

I wouldn't mind close friends who have already knew more or less about the happenings about my life and complete strangers who knew nothing about my life read my posts... I really can't explain this weird preference of mine.. I am totally aware that there will not be such things as complete privacy on line so I did not lock or just allow invited readers to read my blog, same goes with most of my other online social-network/media related accounts.. They are all opened to public, maybe except Facebook . I play too many games to make it public, so in order not to annoy people to the extent that they would have choose to unfriend me, i would limit my game posts to only certain people whom I think/hope that they wouldn't mind my frequent postings of "click requests"...

Anyway, if people happened  to have stopped by and find some of my posts interesting, I would very much welcome them to come back.. Having readers is always a pleasure for writers/bloggers..


A shout out to all the people out there who have been or happen to be reading my blog, I really thank you for spending your minutes glancing through my word-loaded blog with only occasional posts with photos.. I really, sincerely appreciate that you actually had interest to read about my life.. 

Signing off~~
Toodles!

2 comments:

Leafyan♥ said...

i was thinking who r u when i was reading your latest post, then when i scrolled down, i saw ur face, didn know you got a blog and u too update til now, good job! I need more nice blogs to read instead of reading all those statues in facebook=)

Panda said...

Haha.. I had one for ages just that it's not constantly updated.. thanks for dropping by tho~~ I guess I do need some readers :)