Saturday, March 01, 2008

dj liveshow rehersal + counselling

heyoo....
its the first day of march again!!!! *winks winks...
people will start thinking as though i have eye problems now....
ah... yes... i have a bunch of assignments waiting for me to complete... and also a handful of mid terms to sit for next week....
let's just put these behind first....

i just had my dj live show presentation rehersal yesterday.... i was delayed till last because my songs can't play... by right i should be the 7th in line..... however... thanks to miss mai!!!! she helped me settled my music problems and let me go on with me rehersal....
however.... maybe i'm just not used to using the school's cubase software.... Commercial break:EXCUSE!!!! i had timing problems... i actually spoke slower than i thought i would.... so at the end i was busy moving my tracks behind in order to not let it play suddenly when i'm talking.... then during the first song i actually moved the wrong button on the console which made my background song louder instead of my actual song.... ish ish... i cursed S**T... i wonder if anybody heard it thru the mic??? hopefully my background song is loud enough to cover the word... but miss mai didn't say anything about that so i guess no one heard it... heeee.....
my time was ok.... comments i got from miss mai is that my voice is too flat... not emotional enough.... oh well... i know i have a dull-lowpitch-boring voice.... i must learn how to express by controlling my volume... i guess... that's the only way since my voice is borned that way.... no point changing it into the highpitch-chipmunklike voice like i always do when i'm in high pitch.... overall... the presentation was ok.... i need to work on my timing and rearrange my tracks....

today... our group went for a counselling session with dr yap (our radio broadcasting lecturer) at campustown.... about our personalities and whether did we make the right decision by choosing broadcasting as our major subject for degree.... so far i heard that she said a lot of us(broadcasting students) made the wrong choice of choosing broadcasting... some will do much much better in other courses such as business.... chemistery.... engineering... etc etc.... big difference, ain't it????? how could someone change from chemistery which involves a lot of lab work to broadcasting which is more to dealing with people???? luckily for me.... she didn't really comment much on my personality test result as i DID THE RIGHT CHOICE!!!!! heee... she said i'm suitable wroking in the broadcasting field.... heee... and i might work out well being a script writer!!! yay!!!!! luckily i did the right choice!!! i was so worried that she will say that i have doing the wrong thing all this while... i should not be aiming to venture into the broadcasting field... i should go for other things.... after she said she found that there are quite a number of students who have made the wrong choice... doing something that is not at all suitable for them.... phew....

signing off!!!!

3 comments:

Kee Kee 琦琦 said...

hey hey panda,
wooo...long post, let me take some time to read it ar..:PP
but thx for ur words..hehe, yes indeed i am stressing myself up already...aih, can't help it...

Kee Kee 琦琦 said...

hiya panda...
haha, nice reading abt ur dejaying experience..;-)
haha, hopefully one fine day i'll be ur listener on air la;-)
script writer cum dj-ing part time, how about that?;P

Panda said...

hey.. keekee...
i doubt that i'll be a dj someday...
i really have a lowpitch-boring voice...
i prefer script writing or directing...
the best thing that could have happen is me writing scripts and diredting for TVB...
wow...