Saturday, February 21, 2009

Done for now... but not yet...

woo-ooo...

i finally finish the almost-full script for my short film assignment... sent it to my director and asst. directors already... they make the changes and then it's off to all the other bc5-ians and also jessie plus chenghui....

i'm really looking forward towards this assignment... one thing is because i'm working with people that i have never ever worked with before... excluding peili and eelin coz they were in my moral assignment group last year... anyway... i think i'm so far so good with them.. and i do hope that they feeel the same with me and my 2 fellow bc3-ians....

well.. i'm not done with my job yet.... i still have to write the background plus narration of the story and also the summary... but i'll leave that for later... since i already have the script as a guideline for my summary and stuff... the script is really the backbone of the production.... without the script... they can't carry on with the storyboard... camera angles, lighting angles (lucky, my director told them to imagine them first...in case i couldn't finish the script in time...).. shooting script... location, shooting schedule... call sheet.... etc etc.... so after the discussion on thursday... i straight away started on it... but our assistant director... who is also came out with the main idea for the film said that it somehow did not match her feel... oh-oh... now how??? after a few times of corrections and edits... i finally somehow understand the "feel" she wants... but i still find it difficult to put it in words...

anyway... i finished the script in time... and hopefully it goes ok.... we'll have to get everything done by wednesday because we are required to present the proposal on thursday.... but since we delayed our discussion quite a lot of times... some things will have to rush... we only have less than a week to get things done... we stayed back till 8pm on thursday to discuss the plot and stuff...

working with people who are not from my class pulls me out from my comfort zone as these people don't know you that well and you'll have to show them what you're capable of... where as being in a group with people that has been in the same class with you for 2 years makes things simple and they'll totally know the way you work and everything is already well-adapted...

however... this is a nice challenge for me.. to try out something new and not always trap myself in my comfortable box...

cheers!!!!

No comments: