Saturday, May 09, 2009

what do you feel when exam is nearing???

As i go around peeking at other people's blog... i found something very interesting from one my high school mate's blog.... which very much describes my feelings during exam... although mine is almost over... but like i once said before... sharing is caring....

those in purple... are my own opinions... the rest are all taken from my friend's blog...



What do you feel when exam is nearing?


Stress:

No need for that. Remember, the more you stress, the weaker you become and you get all tensed up. This leads to lack of sleep (just to force yourself to finish up all the notes), brain congestion (too stressed of counting the time you have left for studies & in the end rushing through everything), forgetting your meals (one good excuse ---- No appetite) and in the end --> Allostatic load and KO
my stress level usually risen when i see the question paper and realise that i have no idea how am i going to answer... this will really stress me out... other than that... it's still ok... the stress is usually an aftermath... when i think i didnt do well for the exam... that's when the stress factor comes in...


Depression:


"Oh my god..I'm dead..I'm dead!!! I haven't study this, that, here, there, everything!!!"
"Shit..Why can't I remember anything?!!"
"Darn..Why people can remember such details which I don't even have a clue what that's all about?!"
"Time is running out . . . I'm dead for sure . . ."

And before you realise, you are already DEAD before the exams. Rather than spending your time sulking, STUDY and give in your best efforts!
again... my depression level risen after exams, normally.... when i realise that i couldnt answer a single question properly... then i'll damn depressed... but this feeling usually will not last long... as after every paper i have done... it's a step closer to my holidays... so usually the feeling will be gone until i get back my results... ehehe


Insomnia:

Yeah it's normal, it happens all the time. People trying to stay up all night before the exams, trying as hard as they might to squeeze all the information into any possible sulcus or gyrus in the brain. Yes you can stuff them in, but will they stay there when your brain is screaming in agony for some sleep?

NO. So, why not use the time for some good rest instead?
oh no... i dont burn the midnight oil for exams... assignments, yes... but not for exams... i make sure i have enough sleep before exams... eventhough i'm not done memorising the notes and facts... i'll still go to sleep first and maybe snatch a few minutes before the exams starts to cram those into my brain...


Start asking people around for answers:

Haha..This is an interesting one. Before the exams, you are playing and fooling around in class when your friend is desperately trying to concentrate while you're laughing and joking and playing around behind them. Now you want their precious notes? That depends how KIND the person you're asking from then.
wahahaha... this will not happen to me.... unless i was absent during a particular lecture or tutorial.... i dont go around asking for other people's notes.... maybe i'll just ask people to print the notes that were received via email since my printer isnt very stable... wahaha... other than that... i never ask people for their notes...
well... i dont have to... i listen and pay attention during class... i write down what is necessary for me to know.... so that's enough for me.... since everybody is attending the same class... it is ridiculus for me to not know something that the lecturer or tutor has taught but others do... RIDICULUS!!!



Studying last minute:

You are asking for it. Time management is everything. You spent the time available for rest & relax, now you pay double/triple/quadruple for making up the time lost. Plan, plan and PLAN your studies right. It's what that decides whether you get to sleep, relax and study well for long term. You shouldn't be STUDYING before exams, it should be REVISION. (Remember your brain needs input a few times before registering in your brain! Well, unless you're a genius born with superb memory. Too bad I'm not.)
ah-ha... that's what i do everytime... i know i'm not suppose to be studying last minute... but lazy-ness is born in me... so i guess it sometimes serves me right when i dont remember important points... sigh~~


Stay happy in exams and good luck~



*the author of this post is a medic student... so several theories about human body acceptance level should be accurate... so dont doubt....

3 comments:

Karen said...

i dont really sleep well the day b4 my exams...wake up a few times in btw my sleep @.@ stress out

sometimes i really want to to sleep bt dono why cant sleep wei !!! bt thx god i able to open my eyes n do exams...really puk fuk myself...usually i will fall sleep.i thk stress really can make ppl awake.lol...

Panda said...

wah... i cannot have not enough sleep d... already din study much liao still dont wanna rest enough... i'll sure fail d...
at least rest enough i have a clear mind and can crap something out...

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.