Friday, October 31, 2008

i like my name~~ do you??

i used to think that my name is too typical that if you go out and shout my name, at least 5 people will answer.... sometimes i thought that my name is just too common that doesnt really show my "unique-ness"... wahaha.. however thanks to my mom and dad.... maybe they thought that my name is kinda typical as well they decided to add a very uncommon "T" in my name... which easily distinguishes my name and others which are similar....

anyway... i started to like my name more and more... as it is distinctive.... in other languages as well... because my name sounds the same... in english, malay, chinese, even japanese and korean...

ペイ サン... my japanese name... is sounds the same as my english... since i'm using katakana... so it's like translating from english...

이 배 산 ... my korean name... that's what my korean language teacher showed me.... and it sounds the same as my english one or my chinese one... wahaha... other's all sound different but mine is still the same pronunciation... and boy korean typing is so hard!!! the alphabets actually does not match the syllables.... i have to try out every single key to know which is which... i'm now thinking about labeling them on my keyboard.... or maybe just copy them down...

2 comments:

Kee Kee 琦琦 said...

hmm...i like my name better now...;PP

i get a lot of nicknames when i was young...you could guess them;PP...tho i still get some nicknames now...kikilala...(and to think that my sis' name is lin lin...so kee kee + lin lin...ppl also ask if i have a sis by the name of lala!!
and with my surname it doesnt help...some of the memorable ones...when i was in primary school i had 'gosok gigi', secondary school i had kikir parut (thanks to Kemahiran Hidup class)

but also thankful that ppl of other nationality remember my name easily due to its simplicity...

but one of the more embarassing one was when i attended elementary dutch class...there's a very cute guy from where i forgotten...but the moment the teacher called out my name...he also jumped (another guy told me and my frens much later) that my name (the sound) means sex in..hmm, i cant really recall...if it's spanish or another language...gosh so embarassing, but luckily i only know after we 'graduated' from that class...;PPP

Kee Kee 琦琦 said...

and btw last week during autograph session in raymond's album promo...the few of us from the fans club had the privilege to him writing our name on the album (as if..faintz)..and when i said my name is kei kei but then always remembering to ask ppl to write it correctly...and i said to him, it's the same kei as simon yam's wife's kei...then he ask, the 'weird' kei issit?...i was like ...hm yah (haiz, of all kei, the weird kei), but the the 'wong' character at the site....faintz...;PP