Saturday, October 25, 2008

public speaking presentations

should i be sharing about my impromtu speech presentation today???

maybe i should... i'll delay last wednesday's japanese cultural event thingy since it's already delayed for more than 1 week... so i guess... people are now used to the wait.... hee..

impromtu speech... the rules are like this.... who goes first of last will be decided by luck... which we had draw lots earlier before... i'm number 13... unlucky???
then when the time comes... the first person will pick his/her(in my class's case, is a Her) topic from a bunch of topics prepared by our tutor... then.... he/she have 2 minutes to prepare and after the 2 minutes is up... he/she will have to go up and present....

we'll just skip those before me... coz honestly... i dont really remember them... yah... my memory...

i was supposed to pick my topic when the person before me, which is when no.12(to protect his/her privacy, we'll call him/her 12....) 's speech reach around 2 and a half minutes.... well... frankly speaking... 2 minutes of preparation is never gonna be enough for me.... although everyone claimed that i have ample time to prepare but i am still not ready... 12 had a lot of pauses and was even give a chance to start again.... so that really gave me bonus time for preparation...

anyway... as i reach for my "lucky" topic... i actually caught a glimpse of 1 of the topics which was "death"... at first i thought... should i pick that one as i already saw it... but i cant think any points about death at the moment... so i just "try my luck" and see what my luck brings me... and guess what??? my topic is....


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
ABORTION!!!

gosh!!! what the??!!! what kind of topic is this???!!!
anyway... i'll just stick to my luck... who knows what "brilliant"points may come to me when i'm preparing.... so i sat down half cursing my luck and the other half is cursing myself for not listening other previous presentations that involves abortion... i believe there was at least twice... this topic was presented in class for other subjects... and why didnt i listen???!!!! ok... i did listen... so why didnt i pay attention???!!! while cursing... i'm still busy scribbling down whatever that comes to my mind about abortion... as mentioned before... 12 paused for quite a while and even started over... so i had maybe more time that i was suppose to have...

however... when the tutor said that i'm up... i was like "i just sat down!!!" and i actually just finish writing the introduction and list down my 3 points... i was just thinking about the supporting details and my time is up!!!! gosh!!! why did i pick this topic???!!

ok... i went out... and just blab all my points and stuff that pops up in my brain... because i was just randomly picking out very random phrases from my mind, some sentences dont really link from start to end... but anyway... the trick is... to just blurt them out smoothly and assume its one sentence... people might be convinced that's its a sentence too... wahahaha....
just skip the details during my presentation....

after my presentation... i suddenly realise that the room was actually shivering cold... as i was shivering and shaking from the inside out.... ish!!!

i dont know how did i do... but the tutor's comments sounds ok... so i guess it should not be bad...

now next stop is to prepare my persuasive speech outline... i'm still struggling between 2 topics... both sounds boring.... but i still have to choose anyhow... ish!!!!

No comments: