Wednesday, October 22, 2008

old dreams~~~

just done watching field trip USA on 8tv... and that reminds me.... i used to dream of going to USA... disneyland and stuff... back then... when i was a so-called banana with not more than 3 sentences of mandarin in mind (wo bu hui hua yu(i dont know mandarin), bu zhi dao(dunno), bu yao(dont want))... well maybe there's more than three... but i was once an english speaking girl who went to a chinese primary school... thinking that chinese words have too many strokes and stuff and are too complicated.... unlike english with only 26 alphabets....

back to my "english" days... my parents used to speak to me in english all the time since i was born... maybe a little hokkien but hardly any mandarin... only sometimes when there are classes in kindergarten and stuff... forgot to mention... i grew up in a kindergarten... it's call peter pan kindergarten... no, it does not exist already... but it was situated in PJ... somewhere near assunta girls' school i think.... some of the students speak mandarin... so there's where i start picking up little by little of mandarin... but i was only 2 years old.... how much can i absorb?? so i used to read english books.... the very famous "peter and jane"... enid blyton and the other stories series... watch english tv shows... sesame street (my favourite), full house (the one starring bob saget and the olsen twins, NOT the one with rain and song hye gyo), beverly hills 90210 (its currently showing on 8tv!!!), wheel of fortune(the english version of our very own roda impian), win lose or draw, america's funniest home video (hosted by bob saget, i used to be a great fan of his), the cosby show, and many many other tv shows of that era i suppose.... i was hardly exposed to chinese... wahahaha...

that is why i always wanted to go to america... first i wanted to visit sesame street... my cousin who is currently living there... told me that their house was just a few streets away from sesame street and keep asking me to come and visit them..... i still wonder whether it's true or not... because when she told me that i was around 4 or 5 years old, i think....

watching field trip usa.... triggers my old dream of going to america once again... after being burried deep into my mind for so long... which was after i started watching files of justice from TVB and several mediacorp series... and then enrolled into chinese school... started speaking mandarin... reading chinese books until now.... my chinese has overtook my standard of english... i'm currently more confident in chinese than my english.... what a shame!!!!

well... i was once a looking-to-the-west girl turn into currently a looking-to-the-east girl.... learning japanese and korean... focusing on my mandarin... wishing to work in hong kong... putting down my old dreams of going to america and further my studies... well... although things have changed... but i still hope to go there one day... just to see sesame street...

heee...

1 comment:

Kee Kee 琦琦 said...

Dear Panda,

Thanks for all your words~
by the waym just to share about TCM, my aunty is currently looking at 箭豬棗, it's very very expensive, five figure minimum for 一粒. My cousin brother's fren offered his for RM10K but not sure if they bought it coz there are fake ones in the market..